Now that I've finally found time to update this, have a new version.
* Re-inserted links that were accidentally lost on import
* Cleaned up formatting mistakes
* Corrected minor errors in capitalisation and diacritics
* Added a few more entries to the table of dates of Ages (Roccorendil, Bartram, Morwinsky, Mangum), and corrected an error in Three Rings
* Added a graphical comparison
* Table cleanup
As usual, feedback is appreciated (though I note that the number of people who have viewed this is still rather low). I intend to begin work on the downloadable PDF version 1.0000 soon.
No, I am not dead. I just haven't been able to spend much time working on this.
I've forgotten what the changelog for the last revisions should look like. Roughly, it's something like this:
Finally, I am working on version 0.96xx. Look forward to:
All feedback before then is appreciated, of course.
After five and a half months of an empty website, I have finally uploaded some content: the first public version of Tolkien's Legendarium versus Astronomical Reality. An article two years (!) in the making, detailing all the errors that Tolkien made over the course of the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings (all the errors I'm aware of so far, anyway).
The original plan was to post this to every forum from which I took info (so that the original posters will see the mistakes I've pointed out to them), but there ended up being too many of them, so I've contented myself with just TheOneRing.net forums for now.
Comments are welcome, of course. I want to make sure that I'm not the latest in a long line of people who've tried to point out mistakes only to make mistakes themselves (as discussed in the article). Also, if anyone has access to the articles that I mentioned I wanted to have a look at, please let me know.
I put the version as "only" 0.8901 for a reason - I will be making revisions to this in the coming days. Speaking of which, the start of my changelog:
0.8901 (2015-06-17, 23:15 or so)
Added in some missing diacritics in month names and corrected all instances of "Steward's" to "Stewards'"
0.8900 (2015-06-17, about 23:00)
First public release